3.12.2009

I've never written for a food blog before.
I have a lot of time on my hands that stems from not climbing, so (unfortunately, perhaps) I have been partaking in a lot of food production and consumption. Some things that I have consumed may be of interest:

Today, I ate grits and an egg; Good but not too good, calories for the day ahead and nothing more. Though there is no grading scale associated with grit products (yet) the dish would most likely receive a liberal two stars (**). Though the grits themselves were not amazingly creamy, nor were they remarkably creamy, they were somewhat creamy.

The thing about slimy foods in the morning, and this includes yogurt, most breakfasts cereals, all oatmeals and some fruit based drinks, is the tendency for the consistency to get in the way of the taste. I don't know why this happens, but here's a hypothesis: rotten food tends to be slimy. Rotten food is bad. Slimy food is bad.

Lasterday (ANSNA, 2009), I partook in some pretty horrid food, and slimy too. Grams came over to show off her culinary skills, we were not impressed. Entire meals consisted of canned products, shiny tin container after shiny tin container. Dab, total and complete dab. The following conversation ensued:
Asher: "Nothing she makes is fresh"
Ronald(father unit): "What do you know about fresh foods?"
Asher: "I eat vegetables so rarely that they'd better be fresh and I wouldn't eat those vegetables."
That's saying a lot coming from a meat eating, candy consuming, soda (pop) drinking 14 year old. Moral of the story, not all grandmothers can cook, and some shouldn't be allowed to come near the kitchen. Also, food blogging is tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment